The Inevitable Nose Mix Tape
The Inevitable Nose Mixtape is a regular compilation of tracks from the best in unsigned and independent metal, rock and punk. This is available to all readers of The Inevitable Nose via Soundcloud. If you want to be notified when it’s available then either subscribe to the feed or our mailing list:
|Sign up for our newsletter|
Any bands interested in appearing on the Mixtape should submit 1 track to my Soundcloud dropbox along with a link to their Myspace (submissions without a Myspace link will not be considered).
I choose which tracks make it onto the Mixtape and will write a review of each band that makes the cut, which will form part of the ‘sleeve notes’ that accompany the Mixtape. The tracks will be streamed from a page on The Inevitable Nose and will be available to download via the Soundcloud player unless you explicitly prevent it. If you’re still squeamish about giving your music away, then you clearly haven’t spent any time reading my views on this – you may wish to consider doing so before you submit.
Tracks submitted must be public to qualify, and my preference is that they are downloadable (this is a setting in Soundcloud). You can submit multiple tracks, but only 1 will be included in the Mixtape, which I will choose. Because of the nature of Soundcloud, your tracks will be available to the Soundcloud community and embeddable in other websites – if your track is not ready for the public domain, then don’t submit it.
The Mixtape will be compiled either monthly, or when I have 10 or more high enough quality to qualify.
The T&C’s are as follows:
- You must adhere to the Soundcloud T&C’s
- You must be a member of the band or the recording artist of any tracks you submit
- Any songs uploaded to Soundcloud fall into their T&C’s and thus I’m Nose is not responsible for how they are used
- Please read up on how Soundcloud works before submitting
- Submitting a track to my dropbox does not guarantee its inclusion in the Mixtape, I reserve the right to decline any submission for any reason
- I can’t guarantee that your track will be in a Mixtape at a specific time, however if you wish to coincide with a release then state this in the notes when you submit the track and I’ll do my best to get it into the nearest Mixtape to your release.
- All submissions must include a Myspace link to be considered for inclusion
- Any opinions expressed about the tracks are purely my own. I cannot guarantee a good review, however I do endeavor to be balanced, measured and constructive. If you can’t handle criticism then don’t submit your track.
- I will base my review on any tracks that I hear on your Myspace, not just on the submitted track(s)
- Submissions can be withdrawn at any time by emailing me at alex[at]theinevitablenose.com
- If I deem any submission of sufficiently high quality, I may choose to write a review as a normal blog post, which would include a stream of your submitted track